Correct use of a honing rod
To achieve a sharp result it is important to use a ceramic sharpening rod correctly.
- To do this, place the end of the blade on the tip of the IOXIO ceramic sharpening rod.
- Make sure that the angle between the knife blade and the IOXIO ceramic sharpening rod
- should always be around 10 to 20 degrees, depending on your knife.
- Pull the knife down in a slight arc on the IOXIO ceramic sharpening rod.
- Starting from the end of the blade to the beginning of the blade.
- The speed of your movement does not matter, the angle of 10 to 20 degrees is important. Please take your time when sharpening and deliberately pull the blade over the sharpening rod.
- Repeat this movement behind the ceramic to sharpen the other side of the knife blade.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 a few times by alternately
- sharpen the front and back side of the knife blade.
- Then clean the blade with a soft damp cloth to remove any steel residue caused by pulling on the bar.